History


Gurtz Electric Co. was established in 1932 by Frank Louis Gurtz.

In 1958, Gerald Gurtz took over as President, leading the firm’s steady growth to become one of the largest and most respected electrical contractors in the Chicago metropolitan area.

In 2002, the year of the firm’s 70th Anniversary celebration Frank Gurtz, grandson of the founder, was named President. Frank now leads the firm as President and CEO.

Frank’s vision brings opportunities and challenges guiding the firm into a more profitable, growth-oriented and sustainable organization.